Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tired, oh so tired.
Weary with eyes heavy and head aching.
Limbs lightweight and mind unfocused.
A drawn out yawn.
Another yawn followed by another...
I give up trying to concentrate as a third yawn causes neck muscles to tighten. Now a proper headache. Yawns become continuous and eyes water. I must get off to bed but lack the energy to move. I linger to catch the end of the news. CNN. It will be repeated over the coming days. News stories always are. So why do I fight the onset of sleep?Blissful sleep. Many insomniacs would give anything to be able to sleep. Am I ungrateful? Do I take sleep for granted? Come unto me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest for your soul. Oh yes, rest I need. Sweet peaceful rest. I remain listening to the news, but I do not hear it. Background noise. I am wasting my time. Time for bed, I must go. I bid you fare well and a pleasant night's sleep. Good night.

No comments: