Friday, April 17, 2009

My World Through My Lens














Humble beginnings in the realm of images and pixels.
Basic yet I must start somewhere. In time I shall be able to create;
and display the pictures I see in my world in a more artistic manner.
But for now, the basics in Lilly's photography journey.
A journey through which she can explore her world and see it through the objective
lens of a camera. Exciting because I know I will see more than meets my eyes and learn more that will enhance my rudimentary artistic side and my life altogether. For instance, today I took a photo of a couple of rails on a train track. Looking at the picture later, I notice a broken green bottle between the rails. Wow! I say wow because, how come I didn't see the bottle when I was taking the shot? Was I too preoccupied with thoughts of a train happening upon me suddenly? On this infrequently used track, knowing that the train sounds a long loud warning horn... I never saw the bottle. I look forward to discovering great things during future walks/jogs/photo trails.


4 comments:

CathM said...

Lil... these are really fab photos... you capture your subjects superbly... have you done a photography course? I also enjoyed the rainbow shots in your previous post.

IJ said...

Thx Cath,
I eagerly look forward to your sincere thoughts on my posts. The comments often cause me to see things differently & consequently broaden the spectrum of possibilities on how to develop my creative senses. Thanks dear - Lil

PS. Almost took a photography class in college but ended up doing something else...

Opaque said...

You've captured these photos quite well, frankly. I mean, I recall you mentioning that you've just begun capturing these moments on film. So, for a beginner, this is good. I, specially liked the 4th photograph. Very well taken!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

IJ said...

Thanks Brosreview,
I'm glad you appreciated the photos; your comments are always useful. I shall keep working at it until I develop a trained eye. Take care...

-LJ