Sunday, April 19, 2009














Hi all,
I haven't found my tortoise friend again yet, but I am hopeful that our paths shall cross again. Today I caught two turtles unawares; both were bigger than my tortoise friend and had paler shells that made for a great camouflage. This caused me to nearly miss them as they blended so well into the muddy banks of a drainage stream. I managed to see one through my lens before the both disappeared into the murky water- their habitat. They moved pretty fast considering the stereotype [as slow as a turtle; turtle speed].


3 comments:

Opaque said...

You like observing animals, don't you? I like doing so as well. There is a lot of chemistry that I deduce without verbally speaking to them. A few nice snaps there!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

CathM said...

I'm liking your images especially the one of the turtle :)

IJ said...

To Brosreview,
You're quite right. Observing animals is an amazing experience. "Chemistry ... without verbally speaking to them" is a great way to put it. Thanks.

To CathM,
I'm so glad you appreciate the images. I caught a small turtle on my way out one day, but it left before I got home to take its picture- lol! But I snapped another bigger turtle & included it in today's post for you to see. I guess I might have wrongly called my first friend a tortoise. Its probably a turtle because all the others have been by the water in ditches (& tortoises don't need water).