Monday, April 6, 2009

Dear Readers,

How motivated are you?

Did you know your genes play a role in determining your motivational state and triggers?

Well, I came across an interesting piece and thought to share it with you all. It is worth thinking about. So take a moment to find out what gets you motivated by clicking here. The better you know yourself, the easier it is to weather the storms of life! I'm on a quest for self discovery, spiritual growth and personal improvement... maybe this has something to do with my middle name - Ijeoma. It is an Igbo name (a Nigerian language) and means "Safe Journey". I always believed it means a safe journey through life! Well, I wish you all a safe journey too. Ijeoma!

4 comments:

CathM said...

So, what gets you motivated?

IJ said...

Well dear,
I'm supposedly a supporter. Here's a clip...

Motivators: Having facts & information, peer respect, sincere appreciation, specific positive feedback, inspiring work environment, co-workers I enjoy, defined objectives, sense of accomplishment, & time to reflect and plan.

De-Motivators: Hype and hyperbole, infringement on personal or family time, perceived inequity & demands for rapid change.

Much of it seems to fit- lol!

Violet N. said...

Lilly, some of that seems to fit with being a doctor - like the 'supporter' role.

Hope you and your family have are having a blessed Easter!

IJ said...

To Violet:
You are quite right. I didn't think of it having anything to do with my profession. It blesses my heart to see the connection. Thanks for stopping by & you also have a lovely Easter Season. I do enjoy your blog.