Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Funny Thing

These past few weeks have had me overwhelmed (lots on my plate) and consequently a bit absent-minded. One day I read a sign that said ROC DR. ILL. For some reason something seemed amiss and I read it and re-read it many times. Dr. Ill? In a flash the traffic lights changed and our car took off. One last hurried look at the sign and I began to chuckle. It is amazing how sometimes we see what we want to see rather than what is actually before us! You'll not believe what the sign really said... it said ROC DRILL! Why on earth did my mind separate the word drill into dr ill. Does my being a doctor have anything to do with it... probably not. Just a tired ol' mind. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Opaque said...

Haha, you are not alone. I have done that numerous times. I hit the back of my head and say to myself, "What was I thinking?".

I had this phobia of using lifts (many many years back). And, I recall entering a building where I was left with no choice but use it. I recall reading a notice near the lift that ACTUALLY read "In case of fire, do not use lift".

But, I only read "do not use lift". Hand on heart - I literally forced me dad out of the lift just to satisfy my thoughts about lifts. Silly me!!!

IJ said...

To: Brosreview,
Thanks. Your story made me laugh... and its said that laughter's the best medicine. Honestly, I've not had a good laugh in a while:))