Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I watched the rays of sunlight spill unto my carpet.
Lifting my head I stared at the window for a long time.
Then I parted the shades and peered out.
Overhanging branches of the big pine tree obstructed my view.
My gaze moved between the branches and dangling moss,
and I looked past the thick white clouds overhead.
Into the deep blueness of the sky; so I followed the path of light.
Traced it as far as I could towards its source.
Way beyond my ken. . . somewhere out there was God.


4 comments:

Opaque said...

Lovely!!! The imagery is spot on. I have done this so many times making ti so easy to connect. Somewhere out there, there is a God.

Keep writing!!!

IJ said...

Again I thank you Brosreview.
Being a new writer I value all feedback from others, especially more experienced writers as yourself.

LJ

Greener Bangalore said...

Thats short yet very effective. Yes as you said...it is only for those who really wants to see(inspite of all the hurdles)can see the almighty...(never mind...this is one angle in which i looked at your poem :)) Good one and Thanks for sharing.

IJ said...

To: Greener Bangalore,
Its amazing what one's mind can see if one allows it to roam free.