Monday, March 23, 2009

Doodles & Me

This is really cool stuff.

Today I was getting some information over the phone. Glancing at the sheet of paper I wondered about my age-old habit of doodling. I consider myself an anxious personality, inherited from my mother I believe, yet was never a fidgety or hand-wringing sort. People always admire how calm I am, knowing not how my stomach is either secretly turning somersaults or being invaded by butterflies. Anyway, I decided to research the significance of
doodles, if any. I used to be interested in the study of handwriting - Graphology. Maybe because I have always had various regular handwriting patterns and I think it unusual to have more than one prominent handwriting style. I have a slanted neat cursive which I proudly consider evolved from my father's penmanship that I have admired since childhood. Then I have the bold bubbly type that caused friends to tease me that I waste paper. Then there are the careless characters of rushed work that developed in my college/pre-med days to cope with work loads that realistically needed extra hours in a day.

Anyway, this is what I found out about me and my doodles based specifically on today's pattern of triangular shapes. I am: strong-willed,
have a masculine streak and like facts. I am determined and need an outlet for my mental & physical energy. This is so true. Currently I am bored and have been since 2006. In spite of over 8 years working as a doctor overseas, I can't practise as a physician here until I get into a residency training position and this has proved impossible and frustrating. On top of this, I just relocated to GA where getting into a simple diploma course is hard because I am not a state resident yet. I am broke after using up all my savings paying for medical courses and living in NY/NJ for three years. Desperate for anything I applied (and later interviewed) for a receptionist post. They sent a polite email saying that its only $8 an hour and I have too much experience, so I didn't even get that... E.t.c. You get the picture? I need an outlet alright :)

I have good organization & I am methodical. Queen of logic, that's me- lol! If it doesn't make sense it shall nag me and I shall nag you until it does. I like order & control. Yes, yes, yes. Everything has its place & purpose. Now my husband is an artist... suffice it to say that we are at either ends of the spectrum on this. At the time of doodling, I was dwelling on the future & outside world. True. I was chasing up something in connection with immigration paperwork, which once approved will relieve the causes of my pent up energy mentioned above. Interesting stuff. Check out what your doodle means --> DOODLE MEANINGS.

2 comments:

CathM said...

Lil. I’m a big doodler too. Looking on the chart I fall under the ‘Emotional & Determined’ as I tend to doodle things such as hearts, acorns, waves, crosses and crowns… usually when I’m bored in a meeting or a lecture (lol). I know how hard it is/can be… but try and embrace this period of unemployment… it’s space that you may never get again (when the job and children come along)… to pursue the things you’ve always wanted to do… try and see this time as a gift and a period of healing and growth...

IJ said...

God bless you Cath & thanks.
Your blessed & wise words of encouragement are exactly what I needed to start my day. Have you ever considered being a motivational (inspirational) speaker? It seems "Determined" runs in the family, huh? Love always - Lil