Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I had written this a while back. Today I started toying with the structure of the phrases and rearranging the way the words were placed on the page. It interested me how different the piece looks now, compared to when it is properly written in full sentences.

I woke
too early

with eyes still heavy
and a morning chill
in the air.

It was times like this
when I wish
you were here-
my love,
my warrior
& protector.

I would crawl
into your arms
and curl
up
against
your gently heaving chest

until you wake,
feeling
warm

and safe
in your warrior's embrace.

Anticipating
the sweetness

of morning kisses
that you'd rain upon my face
strong
hands
rubbing my shoulders
tension
eases away.
Soothed
I would feel

your weight shift
as you turn to me

still sleepy-eyed and
breathing
slow,

heart beating
right next to mine:
you alright bright eyes?
you might ask
with a smile,
sparkle
in the depths

of your brown eyes.

2 comments:

CathM said...

Lil. Very sensual. Good to see that you are experimenting with poetic form...! p.s. read lots of poetry to give you more ideas...

Opaque said...

Yea, you are experimenting with poetic structures. And, the best part is that you have succeeded. Well done!!! You see, I love the way you have singled out a few words in each verse/stanza there. Brilliant!!! Some might call it simple but there is no denying that it is super-effective!!! Keep it up!!!