Friday, May 15, 2009

Dear Readers,
This piece was born from the last post. While I was writing that story of my train journey up north, certain words and phrases jumped out at me, then clung to my mind and begged to be freed from the tangled mass of words on the page. It was a persistent feeling to recreate the journey in poetic form and were I equipped right now, I'd paint a picture too. Imagine a collage, a photo image and painted picture of this narrative side by side with the prose and the poetry. A delightful idea perhaps ...



The train weaves a snakelike course
Destination certain yet path unknown
Unexpected sights and thoughts
An assault on the senses,
The ugly and pretty both.

Sheep and pony graze alone,
A figure on a tractor content
Age-old trees line ancient tracks
Vibrant green clothe grotesque limbs
Painted by the hand of God.

Sand quarry, settlements
Journey in bygone years a peril
Fears threaten as excitement builds
Chord strikes, guts writhe in hope
New life; rekindled dreams.

7 comments:

Lilly said...

I love these two lines very much

Chord strikes, guts writhe in hope
New life; rekindled dreams.

Well done Lilly. I wouldn't even know where to start with poetry.

Opaque said...

Hmm, interesting. I liked it. The last stanza is my most favourite one. I like the usage of the semi-colon there. Wise! Keep writing!!!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful.

Thank you for your comment to me over at I Choose Bliss.

IJ said...

To Yaya,
I'm glad you appreciate it & thanks for reading. I didn't realize you're the author of 'I Choose Bliss'? Its great. Next I've got to check out Yaya Stuff :)

IJ said...

To Lilly,
After your comments I always re-read the pieces and find a different angle or a deeper meaning. Thank you for that!

To Brosreview,
Its funny how you pick up on things that I seem to have done unintentionally. Like the semi-colon which I had added, removed and finally reinserted apparently thoughtlessly - lol!

Just Be Real said...

LJ, wonderful and lovely. Appreciate you taking the time to share to a rekindled dream(s). Blessings.

IJ said...

To Just Be Real,
Thanks for reading. And I love your 2 green birds ... what kind of birds are they? Stay well.