Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy Labor day weekend!

Dear Readers,

How has your year been thus far? Gosh, what a year it has been on my side of the world. My life seems to have run away with me and the last couple of months have been rather unsettling, in the sense that unexpected events continue popping up and catching me well off guard. My goodness! [I really do not like surprises or sudden changes in plan or direction (i.e. upheavals - lol).]

Now though, I hear God saying to me: Hold on, for these storms won't last forever. As the thunder cracks, the lightening flashes and the rains pour. I remain in the safety of my home, unafraid and know that the weather will improve. I command God's peace to be still, then settle down to wait it out. Before long dawn arrives, bringing calm in its wake ... broken branches and trees reminding me of what occurred the previous night. Since being in Georgia, I have experienced many small isolated thunder storms. Each time, the next day's news reports the damage that was done and I realize how lucky I was. In my spiritual life I have faced many storms too. Remaining in the security of God, I have waited it out and watched the spiritual climate change. This is my testimony:- I am still here.

Friends, for those of you passing through a tough spell, be encouraged. Hold on for life will get better. For others who are having a good season right now, be grateful and do not take things for granted. Thank God for every good thing. Have a glorious Labor day weekend!

LJ


2 comments:

Nikki (Sarah) said...

this is a great post. so positive. Praying for you that God pours out tons of blessings. Sarah

darsden said...

Amen Lilly, Amen! He never gives us more than we can handle and it's true this shall pass too.

Happy Labor Day to you :-)