Friday, July 17, 2009

SLEEP


Hello Readers,


I sincerely apologise for my infrequent blog posts lately, and I truly appreciate your still visiting my blog. A lot of things have been going on in my personal life that made me quite weary, yet God gives me strength to go on. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. When you stumble, hold on lest you fall. But if life manages to knock you down, pick yourself back up and keep on going. It 'aint over until God says it's over. Have a blessed and restful weekend!

Here's a piece I found among some old notes of mine from last year [raw unedited version] ...

My eyes begin to cry
Why cry?
Slowly the glands open their dams and the rivers of tears unleash
As the eyelids flutter and the yawns begin their rhythm
Faster now, yet faster, one yawn becomes another and the eyes feverishly fight to close
The mind still alert yet slowed far below operational levels
The adrenaline kicks in and she goes into panic mode
Oh yeah, I am so sleepy
Oh no, tiredness has set in and now who knows?
Shall the mind still be able to control her thoughts ... her words
REM will take the final frontier
Easy now, watch what you say
Answer no more questions lest the truth of your heart be known to the stranger far across the seas
Indeed, REM - the last frontier - I concur
In the ubiquity of slumber she shall rest
Drifting off as he appears in her dreams.

3 comments:

Opaque said...

Fantastic imagery! I can feel this one! Keep writing!!!

IJ said...

Thanks Brosreview,
Sorry for my late response to your lovely comment. Have a great week!
LJ

Vancouver, Canada said...

Hi Sweetie..Hope you are ok hun..got me a little worried when i read this post..just know if you feel the need to talk i am here to listen anytime..i mean it wholeheartedly. Sometimes all we need is someone to listen..please don't hesitate..

Much Love, Sandy xx