Monday, February 23, 2009

SEA - addendum


Have a laugh.
Did you read my last post titled SEA?
Well, did you notice the WashingtonWatch.com quote?

I just re-read it and caught this...
referring to the current Guam bill which "Directs the Secretary of the Treasury to make specified payments to: (1) living Guam residents who were killed...". Hmmm, living residents who were killed? Hee hee hee... I had a good laugh. Not quite like the laugh I had earlier watching Lilly's video of the woman who had a fit at the airport because she missed her flight, but a good laugh all the same :)

Well, overlooking this little quirk in that sentence somehow reminds me of how I tend to overlook the little things in life sometimes. As much as I say, don't be overly engrossed in your own little world that you tune out the world around you, permit me to balance this by saying also, learn to see the small details in life too. Notice the way the sun rises in the morning, feel the coolness of the breeze on a cold day, smell the coffee as you walk by the cafes on the block, hear the waves as you stroll along the sea shore; see the smile in your husband's eyes when he holds you, enjoy the excitement in your children's voices as they share a favourite story... I could go on and on and on. I was preoccupied with penning that segment that I missed it... a great opportunity to have laughed. Laughter is known to be excellent medicine. It is a gift. Some people choose not to laugh - their expression permanently appearing stern and austere - but there are those that are physically (medically) unable to laugh- patients with cataplexy, scleroderma, Moebius syndrome, etc. The point is, and my sister says it best so let me borrow her words, "
Yes - we should give THANKS for each blessing rendered, especially the gift of life!"


http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,877086,00.html?iid=chix-sphere


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To2JLClnO3U

Looking forward to her smile - The News-Herald News : Breaking news coverage for Northern Ohio

Posted using ShareThis

No comments: