Thursday, April 5, 2012

The End of the Line

Oh wow, has it really been that long since I was here?

So much has happened and so much has changed. It came to me last night, the thought to write my final post on this blog... just because that part of my life has run its course. I have left Fleming Road and the characters that lived there... the dogs, the husband, the home, everything. I was forced to move on, and quickly realized that it was the best outcome. I still work in the DRC but no longer in Kisangani with its 44 degree Celsius weather. I recently redeployed to Bukavu where it is quite chilly, being on the eastern front. I look forward to creating a safe space for myself there since it shall be my home for the next year or so. Meanwhile I do keep in touch with friends in GA and ponder where next I shall live... hopefully on a street with a nice ring to it, to name my next blog. God, in His infinite wisdom, already knows.

I am currently on vacation and have finally made time for reflecction... it is a tough thing to do, to process one's life. Sigh. Necessary but not easy. I daresay that I will be better for it. Smile. So this is the end of the line but I am in a good place right now. The other day I told my sister that I had found my yin yang, i.e. have found my balance. Tomorrow is Good Friday and the thought to pen a farewell piece is apropos. Today I bury my life on Fleming Road, and await Eastertime to celebrate the resurrection of Christ and the beginning of the rest of my life. In Eat Pray Love, Julia chose Attraversiamo (let's cross over). Yes. Have a great Easter everybody and may the good lord bless you all!

No comments: