Thursday, June 11, 2009

Give Me My Flowers While I Am Alive

I've often wondered about "soul mates" and what that really means. Somehow I concluded that a soul mate is like one's other half. All my life I have had a soul mate. Someone with whom I get along even through the rough times. Someone with whom I have shared secrets and for whom I have kept secrets. Someone who has been there since the day I was born. Someone I looked up to over the years and admired. Someone who set the pace and I followed in her footsteps. Someone who calls to check on me and offer sound advice. Someone who encourages me in my walk with God. Someone who has overcome grave trials and tribulation yet carries on and continues the fight called life. Someone who is always smiling even when her heart is heavy. Someone who is a wonderful inspiration in all that she does. Someone who is gifted in many ways and has so much to offer the world including her experiences. A gentle soul who is so wise beyond her years. A lovely spirit filled with so much goodness. Kind, caring, compassionate, dear and a true sweetheart. I have loved her; cried with her and laughed with her. Yes, truly I have a soul mate. She is my dearest, oldest and closest friend and she is my big sister. Some of you fellow bloggers know her as CathM and undaunted I do declare that she is simply the best. An aunt of mine always says "give me my flowers while I am still alive" and finally I get it.

Have a glorious weekend everyone, and may the good Lord show Himself to us in a big way this coming week ... in Jesus' precious name. Amen.

3 comments:

CathM said...

Awwww... Lil, thanks for the wonderful ‘bouquet’ of appreciation. Love you lots too!

Greener Bangalore said...

Very nice write-up Lily and your Aunty sounds like a very sensible lady!

IJ said...

To CathM,
You are welcome. Take care of you...
LJ

To Greener Bangalore,
Thanks. Now let me go catch up with your blog. Enjoy the weekend!
LJ